Musiques aux Pays des Calebasses - Volume 2 - "Les cordophones & aérophones" (Music in the countries of Gourds, ...
Warning: Last items in stock!
Musiques aux Pays des Calebasses - Volume 2 - "Les cordophones & aérophones"
(Music in the countries of Gourds, Vol 2: string instruments & aerophones) - Book + CD
Language : french
A natural successor to the first volume which studied percussions, this work will help the reader perfecting his/her knowledge of musical gourds.
88-page book coming with a CD, "Musiques aux Pays des Calebasses" satisfies our curiosity by providing plenty of historical, social, cultural information, by collecting the testimony of gourd-enthusiasts.
Fully illustrated with photos, short but remarkably precise texts put the musical fruit once more under the spotlight.
In this volume, string instruments (kora, sound bow, lyra, etc.) and aerophones (globular flute, mirliton, etc.) are focussed on. The book falls into 10 chapters:
- "Born in a gourd".
- "The young lady and the broken gourd"
- "Profession : gourdmender"
- A synthesis on 20 years of gourd-related musical research and creation
- "the Guitar and the Gourd"
- instrumental applications
- Roger Ouédraogo's workshop.
- Stories of gourds and string-instruments
- Making a kora
- How a sitar and a tampura are made.
Rich and accessible, this work is the ultimate educational work